FiLMiC Pro is the industry-leading mobile video & filmmaking app utilized around the globe. This is the camera app regularly used by the BBC. Hollywood director Steven Soderbergh also used it on two of his recent movies! And the great thing is it’s available for anyone and everyone to do the same using iPhone or Android.
In this guide, we’ll start with the basics of getting to know the app, then learn how to use it to shoot professional-quality video with your smartphone.
FiLMiC Pro Features
- Choosing resolution and frame rate
- Manually control white balance, exposure and focus
- Using histograms, zebra stripes, and focus peaking
- Setting up and shooting slow motion
- Using presets .to repeat different shooting setups quickly.
- Best audio settings
- HDMI and wireless video monitoring
- Timelapse settings
- Best ways to transfer the video files from your phone for editing
- Shooting with the Cinematographer Kit and log footage (plus a bonus colour grading tutorial)
- Hands-on gear demos (suggested camera rigs, gimbals and third-party lenses)
- Overall Best Practices for before, during and after your FiLMiC Pro shoot
- Top mobile filmmaking accessories (with direct links to Amazon and B&H)
- Also included are any future critical feature updates to the V6 app! Including Ultra Wide lens compatibility with the later iPhone models (now the iPhone 12) and info about the FiLMiC Pro DoubleTake app, 10-bit HDR and LogV3, etc.