If you want to know how you can quickly restore your WhatsApp chat, then today we will tell you about it; many times it happens that you lose your WhatsApp conversation, you need to be disappointed—not required. Now you can get your chat or data back. We have brought you some such tips and tricks, due to which you can restore deleted WhatsApp chats and data back. You can get your conversations back using iCloud or Google Drive backup. The unique and noteworthy thing is that you can get your discussions back only if you have kept WhatsApp backup ON. If it is not ON, then you will not get your data back.
Let us tell you that you can turn it ON by going to Settings under WhatsApp chat backup and tapping on Chat backup of the Go to Chats option. If you are an iPhone user, you get this option on Chat Backup by going to Chats under WhatsApp Settings.
Let us now answer your question, i.e. How to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages or How to restore deleted WhatsApp chats; let us know about the ways by which you get your deleted WhatsApp data.
First Way to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Chats
If your chat is suddenly deleted, then it may be that it is on cloud backup. In such a situation, you can get back WhatsApp chats through cloud backup by following these steps.
- Uninstall WhatsApp from your Android and iPhone Phones
- Enter your mobile number while reinstalling WhatsApp
- After setup, you will be asked to restore messages from cloud backup (on Android phone, this backup will be from Google Drive, while on iOS from iCloud)
- After this, your WhatsApp chat will be back
Second Way to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Chats
This is another way through which the chat can be recovered. You can restore your chats through Android’s local backup. However, this method does not work on iOS. If your Google Drive backup has overwritten deleted messages, you can get your chats back with these steps.
- Go to your phone’s File Manager app (if you don’t have this app, you can also get Google’s Files app)
- Now go to the WhatsApp folder.
- Select the Database folder where all the WhatsApp backup files are stored
- Now select the msgstore.DB.crypt12 file and rename it to msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12
- This will be your recent backup file and will need to be renamed to prevent it from being overwritten
- Now you will see many files in this folder, which will be in format msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12
- These are your old WhatsApp backups, and now you can select the most recent backup and rename it from msgstore.DB.crypt12
- You have to open Google Drive and click on the hamburger icon, i.e. the icon with three vertical lines.
- Now under the hamburger icon, you get Backups
- Now you delete WhatsApp backup
- Now uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp again
- After setting up the app, you have the option to restore chats from local backup.
- Tap on Restore, and only then you will get your deleted WhatsApp messages back.