Do you know what 5G is? How does this 5G technology work? What way is this 5G better than 4G? If you want to know about all these things, then you must read this post. The phone and our relationship are ancient and equally strong.
Where earlier phones used to be wired, then the era of cordless came and now wireless phones are running. Instead of the earlier basic phones, now generation people use Smart Phones. With this changing form of the phone, its generation is also associated with it, which has decided the journey from 1G to 4G and is now moving towards 5G. In such a situation, it can be pretty interesting to know what is this upcoming 5G?
What is the technology used in it, and how can it bring changes in the available mobile industry. How can people oblige with this, etc.?
If we look at the last few years, we will know that every ten years of mobile technology, A generation is increasing in the field. Like we started in First Generation (1G) in the 1980s, Second Generation (2G) in 1990s, Third Generation (1G)3G ) in the 2000s, Fourth Generation (4G) in the 2010s, and is now acquitted of the Fifth Generation (5G).
We are slowly moving towards more sophisticated and more innovative technology. So today, I thought, why should you provide complete information about what 5G is and how it works so that you too are aware of this new technology. So let’s start without delay and know the 5G network and when will 5G arrive in India?
What is 5G Technology
5G is the fifth generation of the mobile network. The fifth Generation of 5g is Fifth Generation. This Fifth-generation wireless, or 5G, is the latest cellular technology specially engineered to quickly increase wireless networks’ speed and responsiveness.
In 5G, about 20 via wireless broadband connections to the data transmission can be done faster than Gbps. With this very little, The latency offers 1 ms and even less where real-time feedback is needed. More in 5GDue to bandwidth and advanced antenna technology, a high amount of data can be transmitted via wireless.
In addition to improvements in speed, capacity, and latency, 5G also offers other network management features. The main one is network slicing, allowing other mobile operators to create multiple single virtual networks in the 5G network.
With this capability, wireless network connections can be used in any specific uses or business cases and sold on an as-a-service basis. An example is a self-driving car, which requires a network slice that provides extremely fast, low-latency connections. This allows a vehicle to navigate in real-time.
At the same time, we can also connect a home appliance through a lower-power, slower connection because there is no need for high performance. Without this internet of things (IoT), we can use secure, data-only connections.
5G networks and services will be deployed in many stages in the next few years, which can quickly meet the need of increasing mobile and internet-enabled devices. Overall, then through 5G, we can generate new applications of a lot of variety.
4G is expanding in India right now, but telecom operators worldwide are preparing to bring the next generation of 5G mobile technology. That is why it has started preparing to get 5G.
5G Technology Features
Right now, we know some special 5G technology features. Let us know what such new features are in 5G Technology, which is not available in available network technology.
- Up to 10Gbps data rate. With this, there will be network improvement at the rate of 10 to 100x compared to 4G and 4.5G networks.
- Be of 1-millisecond latency.
- It should have 1000x bandwidth per unit area.
- In this, we have up to 100x number of connected devices per unit area (if we have 4G Compare with LTE ) that can connect up to
- All this time is available. So it has availability up to 99.999%
- Apart from this, it provides 100% coverage.
- It helps a lot in saving energy. Due to which it helps to reduce network energy usage by about 90%.
- In it, you low power IoT devices which can provide you power for about ten years.
- It has a high increased peak bit rate.
- Higher data volume per unit area (i.e. higher system spectral efficiency)
- It has more capacity, which helps it to connect concurrently and instantaneously with more devices.
- It consumes a lower battery.
- It provides better connectivity if you talk about any geographic region.
- It can support more number of supporting devices.
- It costs very little to do infrastructural development.
- It has more excellent reliability in communications
How 5G Technology Works
Wireless networks mainly consist of cell sites which are divided into sectors that send data through radio waves. It would not be wrong to say that the fourth-generation (4G) foundation of 5G was laid by the Long- Term Evolution (LTE) wireless technology.
Where 4G requires more enormous, high-power cell towers in longer distances to radiate signals, many smaller cell stations must transmit 5G wireless signals, such as smaller spaces. It can be planted in light poles or building roofs.
Here multiple small cells are used because this millimetre in wave spectrum – band of spectrum always 30It is within 300 GHz to GHz and since 5G needs to generate high speeds, which only short distances can travel.
Apart from this, these signals can easily interfere with any weather and physical obstacles, such as buildings.
If we talk about the wireless technology of earlier generations, then lower-frequency bands of the spectrum were used in it. Along with this, to combat the millimetre-wave challenges which lead to greater distance and interference, the wireless industry has thought of using lower-frequency spectrum in 5G networks so that network operators can use the range that they already have. It is Available.
We should keep in mind that the lower-frequency spectrum always covers more distances, but it has a lower speed and capacity than millimetre-wave.
What is the status of 5G Deployment?
The significant development of 5G is the highest among these four countries globally: United States, Japan, South Korea, and China. Here wireless network operators are paying more attention to making 5G buildouts. It is believed that by 2030, the network operators are about to spend millions of billions of dollars in 5G negotiations.
Well-known tech company Technology Business Research Inc. says that it is not yet clear how these 5G services will generate the return of their investment.
It is expected that new companies and startups who want to use the 5G evolving technology can take care of the revenue of these operators.
Simultaneously, other standards bodies are also operating above universal 5G equipment standards. 3rd Generation Partnership Project Nearby (3GPP) has approved 5G New Radio (NR) standards in December 2017. By the end of 2018, it will end the 5G mobile core standard, which is very important for 5G cellular services. Hope to pay taxes. This 5G radio system is not compatible with 4G radios, but network operators have purchased wireless radios that they want to upgrade. They do not want to upgrade it through software-hardware update because they may need to buy new hardware updates.
Where 5G wireless equipment standards are often exhausted, the first 5G-compliant smartphones and other associated wireless devices are expected to be commercially available by 2019. The exclusive use of 5G technology is likely to be in place by 2020. By 2030, 5G services will be used in the full-fledged form and used in autonomous vehicle navigation in virtual reality (VR) content. It can also be monitored in real-time.
Types of 5G wireless services available
Network operators mainly provide two types of 5G services.
The first service is 5G fixed wireless broadband services; internet access delivers to homes and businesses without any wired connection to their premises.
To do this, network operators deploy NRs near buildings in small cell sites to beam a signal to a receiver present in a rooftop or windowsill; this amplifies within the premises.
Fixed broadband services also become cheaper for operators to assist. This approach does not require them to install fibre-optic lines to each residence, instead of installing fibre optics only to cell sites and customers. Broadband services receive through wireless modems that are located in their homes or businesses.
The second service is 5G cellular services, which allows the user to access the operator’s 5G cellular networks service. These services will be the first to roll out in 2019 when the first 5G-enabled devices will be commercially available to buy.
The delivery of cellular service also depends on the completion of mobile core standards by 3GPP. It is expected that it will be complete by the end of 2018.
What are the advanced features of 5G
If we compare this new 5G technology with earlier radio technologies, then in this we can see the following advancement –
- In this, we can get Practically super speed which is 1 to 10 Gbps.
- The latency here will be one millisecond (in the end-to-end round trip).
- With this, there is a 1,000x bandwidth per unit area here.
- It can connect from 10 to 100 devices very quickly.
- It provides worldwide coverage.
- Apart from this, it has a hand in an energy reduction of about 90%.
- Battery life is very long in this compared to others.
- With this, the whole world becomes a wi-fi zone here.
What is the spectrum band of 5G
5G networks run on the 3400 MHz, 3500 MHz and 3600 MHz bands. The 3500 MHz bands are considered ideal. The millimetre-wave spectrum can play an important role in 5G. These are called millimetre waves because their length is 1 to 10 mm.
Millimetre waves operate at 30 to 300 GHz frequencies. So far, these waves can be used in satellite networks and radar systems.
If millimetre waves are used in 5G, the credit will also go to Sir Jagdish Chandra Bose. He showed in 1895 that these waves could be used for communication.
What are the main advantages of 5G?
By the way, there are many advantages of 5G, so I have tried to tell you about them below –
- High resolution and sizeable bi-directional bandwidth shaping will be.
- Through this, all the networks can be brought under a single platform.
- It is very effective and efficient.
- We have better download and upload speed.
- Through this technology, subscriber has been provided supervision tools so that they can take quick action.
- By this mass broadcasting data (in Gigabit ), so that it can support more than 60,000 connections.
- It can be easily managed with previous generations.
- This technological sound is to support heterogeneous services (of which private networks).
- Through this technology, connectivity can be provided uniform, uninterrupted, and consistent throughout the world.
- You can find multiple similar services like you can get information about weather and location while talking.
- You can control your PCs through handsets.
- This makes education very easy because any student can get knowledge from any end of the world.
- Medical treatment can also be easy because a doctor located in any remote location of the world can cure it with this technology.
- This will make it easier to monitor because government organisation and investigating officers can easily watch any place. There is a possibility of a fall in the crime rate.
- It will be effortless to see space, galaxies, and other planets.
- It will be easy to find any lost person.
- Even major natural disaster such as tsunami, earthquake etc., can already be detected.
What are the main Dis-Advantages of 5G?
5G technology has been designed in a very researched and conceptualised way to end all radio signal problems and hardship of the mobile world. Still, despite this, there are some disadvantages which we are going to discuss further.
- This 5G technology is still under process, and research is going on behind it.
- It seems to be achievable to achieve the speed that it is doing because it does not yet have that much technical support in many parts of the world.
- Many older devices are not compatible with this new 5G technology, due to which they will have to be replaced, which will prove to be an expensive deal.
- It may cost more to develop its infrastructures.
- There are many security and privacy-related issues in this, which have yet to be solved.
What are the applications of 5G
Let us know about some essential applications
- It can become a unified global standard for the whole world.
- Through this, network availability will be all around so that more and more people can use this best technology anytime and anywhere.
- Due to the IPv6 technology in it, mobile IP addresses will be provided according to their connected network and geographical position.
- It has the potential to turn the entire world into a genuine Wi-Fi zone.
- Through its cognitive radio technology, different versions of radio technologies can use the same spectrum efficiently.
- Through this technology, people of higher altitude can quickly get the facility of the radio signal.
Main Challenges of 5G
Challenges are a big part of any new development. Because with these challenges, technology can become even better. Like all technology, 5G also has enormous challenges. We have seen in the last few years how radio technology has done fast growth.
Starting from 1G to 5G, this journey is only 40 years (1G in 1980 and 5G, which will come in 2020). But in this journey, we have also observed some familiar challenges such as lack of infrastructure, research methodology, and cost.
In today’s Dor, there are many countries where 2G and 3G technologies are still used, and people still do not know about 4G yet, in such a situation, the question which is in everyone’s mind is that –
- How far will this 5G be viable?
- Will some developed countries and developing countries also benefit from this technology?
To understand these questions better, the challenges of 5G have been divided into two headings –
1. Technological Challenges
2. Common Challenges
1. Inter-cell Interference – This is a substantial technical issue that will have to be solved soon. Since traditional, there is a lot of difference in the size of macrocells and concurrent small cells to cause interference later.
2. Efficient Medium Access Control – In a situation where there is a dense deployment of access points and requirement of user terminals, the user’s throughput will be low, latency will be high, and hotspots will not be able to provide much throughput with cellular technology. for. Therefore it is essential to be adequately researched to optimise this technology.
3. Traffic Management – Due to more human traffic in cellular networks and more number of machine to machine (M2M) devices in the same cell, it can pose a severe system challenges, which is radio access network (RAN). challenges, the latter of which can cause overload and congestion.
1. Multiple Services – Compared to other radio signal services, 5G has to perform more extensive tasks such as heterogeneous networks, technologies, and devices operating in different geographic regions. Therefore, the challenge is to provide people with dynamic, universal, user-centric, and data-rich wireless services, that too by standard means.
2. Infrastructure – Due to lack of infrastructure, Researchers have to face many technical challenges of standardisation and inconvenience like lack of application of 5G services.
3. Communication, Navigation, & Sensing – These services depend more on the availability of the radio spectrum through which signals are transmitted.
Since 5G technology has the reliable computational power to process extensive volume data from different and distinct sources, support is required for this vast infrastructure.
4. Security and Privacy – This is an essential challenge that 5G should pay special attention to protect people’s data. 5G will also have to pay special attention to many other security threats such as trust, privacy, cybersecurity because these threats are constantly increasing throughout the world.
5. Legislation of Cyberlaw – Cybercrime and other frauds will also increase due to high speed and ubiquitous 5G technology. Therefore it is essential to implement Cyberlaw properly.
When will 5G arrive in India?
You must be wondering when 5G mobile will be launched? The government has started preparing for the auction for the 5G spectrum. The government has asked TRAI to suggest starting prices for the auction of 3400 to 3600 MHz bands. TRAI has started work on it. The Department of Telecom may also bring a policy in this regard soon.
Experts believe that regulatory conditions for data hosting and cloud services should be changed before fast wireless technology like 5G is introduced in India.
5G Future Scope
A lot of research and discussions are going on worldwide about the innovations, implementation, viability, and security concerns of 5G among world-renowned technologists, researchers, academicians, vendors, operators, and governments.
It has been said that many such features in 5G will provide the best services. But a question that will be in everyone’s mind is that where the previous technologies (4G and 3G) are still under process and many parts have not even started yet; In such a situation, what is the future of 5G?
5th generation technology has been specially designed to do incredible and remarkable data capabilities, unhindered call volumes, and immeasurable data broadcasting through this latest mobile operating system.
Therefore, it is more intelligent technology, which will prove to help interconnect the whole world. Similarly, our world will get universal and uninterrupted access to information, communication, and entertainment, so that it will open the door to a new dimension in our lives, and it will make our lifestyle better and meaningful.
With this, governments and regulators will also use this technology to create good governance and better, healthier environments. It is clear from this that the right attitude of the people in the expansion of 5G will help make it even better.
Frequently asked questions
Q – Have 5G Phones reached India?
A – Work on services of 5G in India will start from 2020, and 5G phones will be made available to the people by 2022 or 2023.
Q – Can we upgrade our 4G handsets to 5G?
A – This thing has not been fully confirmed, but experts believe that we can use the users 4G mobiles in the 5G network.
Q – When will 5G Internet be launched in India?
A – 5G Internet will be launched in India by 2022.
What did you learn today?
I sincerely hope that I have given you what 5G is? And how does it work? I gave complete information about it, and I hope you guys have understood what 5G is.
I request all readers that you too should share this information in your neighbourhood, relatives, and friends to have awareness among us, and everyone will benefit a lot from it. I need your support so that I can convey more new information to you.
It has always been my endeavour to help my readers or readers from all sides; if you people have any doubt of any kind, you can ask me irresponsibly. I will try to solve those Doubts.
Do you know what this article is about 5G Technology and its launch when 5G is launched? Please tell us by writing a comment to have a chance to learn and improve something from your ideas. To show my happiness and enthusiasm towards my post, please post this post like Social NetworksShare on Facebook, Twitter etc.